Raw, healthy jam. It is so simple to make in your Kuvings Blender, and it is super smooth and spreads just like a store-bought jam, minus all of the sugar and toxic ingredients!
I used frozen wild blueberries in this recipe, but equally you could use any frozen berry to get the same result. Or, you can mix your berries up to make a mixed berry jam – great for scones, bread, muffins, pancakes or to use in recipes that call for a yummy, vegan, raw jam.
Ingredients: (makes 300ml)
- 2 cups frozen wild blueberries*
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (ground)
- 4 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (add more, less or none to taste)
- Add 1 cup of frozen wild blueberries* into a mesh strainer and slightly thaw under water
- Remove the seed from the Medjool dates and place into blender jug along with lemon juice, ground chia seeds and sugar/cinnamon (if using).
- Press Power On and Vacuum Auto Blend until done.
- Transfer mixture into an air-tight jar and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set into a spreadable jam consistency.
- Spread on bread, pancakes, scones or use in your favourite recipe.
You can easily swap out the frozen wild blueberries with any other berry to make a Strawberry Jam, Blackberry Jam, Raspberry Jam or a Mixed Berry Jam.
This jam will last for 1-2 weeks in the refrigerator.
*Made in the Kuvings SV500 Vacuum Blender