This Sweet Ginger Soy Dressing is a tantalizing fusion of flavors that will elevate any salad or stir-fry to a whole new level. The combination of zesty lime, rich hemp seed oil, and the warm embrace of ginger and maple syrup will tantalize your taste buds. Whether you’re drizzling it over a crisp green salad or using it as a marinade for stir-fry vegetables or tofu, this versatile dressing is a must-have in your culinary repertoire.
- 1/3 cup hemp seed oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce for a non-gluten-free option)
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped ginger
- Prepare the Ginger: Start by peeling and roughly chopping the fresh ginger. This will make it easier to blend into the dressing.
- Zest and Juice the Lime: Zest the lime to extract its fragrant outer layer, being careful not to include the bitter white pith. Then, juice the lime to extract its tangy, citrusy goodness.
- Combine Ingredients: In a blender or food processor, add the hemp seed oil, lime zest, lime juice, maple syrup, minced garlic, tamari (or soy sauce), sesame oil, and the chopped ginger.
- Blend Until Smooth: Blend all the ingredients until you achieve a smooth and well-incorporated dressing. This should take about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Taste and Adjust: Give the dressing a taste and adjust the flavours to your liking. You can add more maple syrup for sweetness, more lime juice for tanginess, or tamari for saltiness. Feel free to customize it to suit your palate.
- Store: Transfer the sweet ginger soy dressing to an airtight container or a glass jar with a lid. Store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Serve: Use this delicious dressing to drizzle over your favourite salads, noodles, rice dishes, or grilled vegetables. It also makes an excellent marinade for tofu or tempeh. Enjoy the burst of flavours!
Blended with Kuvings SV500 Vacuum Blender
Want more healthy plant-based recipes?