Delight your senses with a bowl of velvety goodness that blends the vibrant flavours of fresh asparagus, aromatic shallots, and a touch of silken tofu into a creamy masterpiece.
Prepared effortlessly in the high-performance Kuvings SV500 blender, this Asparagus Soup is a celebration of spring’s bounty, elevated by a hint of ground cumin and a burst of fresh herbs.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is a breeze to whip up.
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- ½ cup shallots (roughly chopped)
- 4 medium garlic cloves (roughly minced)
- 2 lbs asparagus (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper (optional)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (low sodium, preferably homemade)
- ½ cup silken tofu
- chives (minced, to taste)
- dill (minced, to taste)
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, add the shallots and garlic, cooking until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add asparagus, season with optional salt and pepper, and cook until slightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- Add veggie broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender but still green, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into your blender (you may want to first allow the broth and veggies to cool just a bit). Add the tofu. Blend until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with optional chives and dill.
Note: This will store well for a week in the fridge or you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
Want more healthy plant-based recipes? Try these: