Purple Reign – Dinner Juice Recipe
This juice is healing for the stomach and is a great tonic for calming the nerves or when one is feeling anxious.
The taste is peppery, slightly sweet with a little lemon hint. It is a perfect dinner juice.
There are 36 anthocyanins (purple light) in red / purple cabbage. These nutrients increase communication between aging brain cells and help fight off free radicals. High in Vicamin C and one of the cruciferous vegetables that may help prevent certain forms of cancer.
The red beetroots are rich in three nutrients, potassium, magnesium and beta-carotene. All three help keep your bones strong.
Beetroot is also high in Folate, another heart-healthy nutrient that helps to lower the level of homocysteine in your blood. Homocysteine, a by-product of animal protein metabolism, can damage and narrow your arteries, which may lead to heart attacks and strokes.
Purple Cabbage (15 sec)
- Roughly chop in to pieces small enough to fit down the chute
Beetroot (30 sec)
- Cut in half and then into quarters
- Slice half into thin slices to make it easier to press.
- Juice with skin on (you can also juice the leaves and stems if you have them).
Apple (15 sec)
- Remove the stems and remove any stickers
- Juice apples whole with skin and seeds.
- Cut in half or quarters if too big to fit into the wide chute.
Lemon (15 sec)
- Remove stickers and cut in half
- Slice with skin on to give more flavour
Start this juice with the purple cabbage, it will add more of a peppery flavour and brighter colour to the final juice by juicing it first.
Then add the beetroot slices.
Next juice the red apples one at a time remember to go slow and let the machine press each one before adding the next.
Finish with the lemon to help push through the rest of the apple.
Juicing Time: 3-4 mins
Juice Qty: 1.2 litres
Tip: feed the cabbage and beetroot slices slowly to extract more juice. The firmer the Red Apples the better the juice.
Kuvings Master Juice Chef
Gary is passionate about using foods as medicine. He is certified in natural juice therapy and plant-based whole food nutrition. He loves teaching others about the preventative and restorative healing powers of juicing and eating a whole food plant-based diet through his books and online courses.