Utility Knife (5 inch)
I Am Versatile. The blade of a utility knife measures between 4 & 7 inches long, so it is smaller than a chef’s knife, but bigger than a paring knife. It is an all rounder that can be used for a multitude of kitchen tasks. They are equally as versatile as a paring knife, with a bit more grunt!
Utility Knives are best suited for:
- Cutting mid-sized fruits and veggies – carrots, zucchini, avocado, peppers, mushrooms
- Dicing potatoes, celery, onions, carrots
- Slicing sandwiches and rolls
- Cutting ingredients for a photo-worthy charcuterie board
Utility Knives are not suited for:
- Carving tough meats or cleaving meat bones
- Slicing loaves of bread
- Smaller precision tasks
- Shaping pastry
I AM NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGY. Cerasteel is made by combining Ceramic (Cera) and Metal (Steel) to create CeraSteel.
They are next-generation, high-quality knives made under a high-temperature process to give you a Cerasteel cutting edge blade that has a lifetime guarantee.
Using this technology in kitchen knives, is a revolution for knife making. Adding the Cerasteel to the edge can substantially increase hardness, abrasion resistance, heat resistance and corrosion resistance.
They won’t chip or break and they will remain sharper than other kitchen knives.
They have the same high tenacity and shock resistance as a steel knife which means the cutting edge doesn’t easily chip like a ceramic knife.
- Blade size: 5in (12cm)
- Hardness: HRC 64 ±2
- G10 fibreglass handle
Cerasteel Care Instructions:
- Cutting surfaces should be smooth, easy to clean, such as wooden, bamboo and polyethylene boards.
- Avoid surfaces that can damage the blade, such as ceramic, stainless steel, granite, marble, porcelain and glass.