Don’t be fooled by the size, this mini chef’s knife has a small blade that allows you to get the job done quickly and easily. The blade is short, 3.5 inches to be exact. It is ideal for holding in your hand and moving around small fruits and vegetables. If you don’t like peeling vegetables with a peeler, then grab your paring knife and it will easily go to work.
Paring Knives are best suited for:
- Small, tender fruits – strawberries, kiwi, apricot, peach
- Small vegetables – ginger, garlic, peeling potatoes
- Intricate cutting – garnishes, delicate foods
- Precision work – deseeding fruits, deveining prawns
Paring Knives are not suited for:
- Preparing or slicing meat
- Carving, deboning meat/fish
- Cutting larger and tougher vegetables (like pumpkin)
- Slicing bread
I AM NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGY. Cerasteel is made by combining Ceramic (Cera) and Metal (Steel) to create CeraSteel.
They are next-generation, high-quality knives made under a high-temperature process to give you a Cerasteel cutting edge blade that has a lifetime guarantee.
Using this technology in kitchen knives, is a revolution for knife making. Adding the Cerasteel to the edge can substantially increase hardness, abrasion resistance, heat resistance and corrosion resistance.
They won’t chip or break and they will remain sharper than other kitchen knives.
They have the same high tenacity and shock resistance as a steel knife which means the cutting edge doesn’t easily chip like a ceramic knife.
- Blade size: 3.5in (8.8cm)
- Hardness: HRC 64 ±2
- G10 fibreglass black handle
Cerasteel Care Instructions:
- Cutting surfaces should be smooth, easy to clean, such as wooden, bamboo and polyethylene boards.
- Avoid surfaces that can damage the blade, such as ceramic, stainless steel, granite, marble, porcelain and glass.