Pear Necessities – Detox Juice Recipe
Autumn is pear season. The pear-fect opportunity to make some juice with the humble pear. But, don’t let its humble appearance deceive you, this little fruit is packed with delicious nutrients that are also healing and detoxing.
This recipe was inspired by one of my mentors The Juice Master, Jason Vale. It contains pear and parsnips which often combine well together in soup and salad. A fresh tasting, sweet juice that has a thick, smooth and creamy texture.
- 1 handful Mint Leaves
- 2 Pears
- 1 Parsnip
- 1/2 Cucumber
- 1/2 Lime
- 1 Golden Delicious Apple
Juicing Time: 3 mins
Juice Qty: 500 ml
- Remove the leaves from the woody stems
- Juice leaves whole
- Chop the top stem of the pears
- Cut each pear in half
- Cut parsnips lengthwise once
- If larger parsnips are used cut again lengthwise into quarters
- Cut into chunks to fit down the chute
- Juice with skin on
- Thinly slice off the outer skin
- Cut into slices
- Remove the stems and remove any stickers
- Juice apples whole with skin and seeds
- Cut in half or quarters if too big to fit into the wide chute
- Firstly, juice the mint leaves as they will add a real mint flavour to the juice as each ingredient is pressed and squeezed by the machine.
- Next, add the pears one at a time. If the pears are soft, you will need to go slowly and they will take longer to press.
- Follow with the parsnip. Just like carrots add one long piece of parsnip at a time and let the juicer press and squeeze them before added the next piece.
- Next add the cucumber and the lime. Lastly, add the green apples to finish.