Experience the vibrant flavours of Spring with our delightful Pea and Basil Pesto.
Bursting with the freshness of peas, the aromatic essence of basil, and the richness of toasted pine nuts, this recipe offers a tantalizing twist on the classic pesto.
It’s a celebration of green goodness, with a hint of mint and a zesty lemon kick to elevate your taste buds.
Whether you’re a vegan or a cheese-loving non-vegan, this versatile pesto can cater to your preferences. This wholesome pesto sauce is perfect for pasta, sandwiches, or as a dip.
Ingredients (makes approx. 2 cups)
- 250g frozen peas
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- 1.5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1/4 bunch mint, leaves picked
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 15g nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
If you want to give it the cheesy flavour without nutritional yeast, add 2tbsp mushroom powder and 1 tbsp onion powder instead
If you want to make it non-vegan, just add 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese to the mix.
Blended with Kuvings SV500 Vacuum Blender
Step 1: Gather your ingredients
- Put all of your ingredients into the jug
Step 2: Tamper the ingredients in your Kuvings Vacuum Blender
- Place the lid on the jug and place the tamper in the middle of the lid
- Touch ‘power on’ button
- Use your tamper to push the ingredients onto the blade
- Continue to tamper until you have the desired consistency
Want more healthy plant-based recipes?