Greek Yogurt is low in calories and high in nutritional value. It is 2~3 times more concentrated and fermented than plain yogurt. It contains approximately twice as much protein and calcium than plain yogurt. Greek Yogurt is a health food frequently wanted by mothers thinking of their children’s health and those people wanting it’s high nutritional value.
- 1 litre of full cream milk
- 1 pack of powder-type starter or 6 Tbsp of your favourite Greek Yogurt
Step 1 : Start with 1 Litre of full cream milk.
* Do not use UHT milk, high-calcium milk and low-fat milk for they may not ferment well.
* If you want firmer Greek Yogurt use 800 ml of milk.
Use the bowl provided to mix 1 pack of powder-type starter ( we use Nature’s Goodness Australia Kefir Turkish Yoghurt Probiotic ) or 6 Tbsp of your favourite Greek Yogurt into the milk.
Step 2: Place the cover on the bowl and use the handle to tighten. Put the container set inside the machine and close the lid.
Step 3: Connect the power plug and press the power button for 2 seconds.
* The letter ‘F’ shows on a display and it is in the standby mode for cooking.
Step 4: Press the ‘Menu’ button once to select ‘Greek Yogurt’.
* An alarm goes off after 5 seconds and cooking starts.
Step 5: When cooking is completed after 8 hours, press the Power button for 2 seconds to end cooking. Take out the container set from the body and place it inside a refrigerator. Yogurt will ripen and coagulate in around 3hours.
Step 6: After 3 hour in the refrigerator take out the yogurt. Using the second bowl place the strainer inside the bowl and pour the ripened yogurt slowly into the strainer.
* Do not stir or mix before pouring the yogurt.
Step 7: Place the cover on the 2nd bowl with strainer and use the handle to tighten. Place back into the fridge for around 6 hours.
Step 8: Congratulations your Greek Yogurt is ready. Remove the yogurt from the strainer and place into a container of your choice.
* Your Greek Yogurt can be kept in a refrigerator for around 7 days.