Hummus is such an easy and versatile dip to have on hand for snacking, sandwiches, baked spud or to spice up a salad. It’s filled with yummy goodness and you can eat it all-year round. You can also change it up to suit your desired tastes by adding caramelised onion, roasted pepper or cumin to change the basic recipe. It’s super accommodating!
- 1 tin of chickpeas (drained and washed underwater)
- 1-2 tablespoons of raw tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne chilli powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons water
Step 1: Gather your ingredients and place them into the blender as follows:
- Put all of your ingredients into your blender in the order above
Step 2: Blend all together in your Kuvings Vacuum Blender
- Place the lid on the jug and the noise-reduction cover on
- Touch ‘power on’ button
- Select vacuum + auto blend button
- Let the blender do its thing
- Add more water/oil if you need to get the desired consistency
To finish, drizzle with olive oil or sprinkle with paprika (or cumin if you want a middle-eastern flavour)
Tip: Add some to a snack box or a lunch box for a healthy alternative!
How to make your hummus extra smooth
If you have ever tried a really good hummus, chances are texture is one of the reasons you love it so much!
Well, the beauty about having a Kuvings Vacuum Blender, is – it takes all of the hard work out of getting your dip mixture super smooth.
The blender does it all for you. You simply need to add all of your ingredients and tap the vacuum + blend button and ‘wha-la’ you will have a beautifully smooth dip and because you have used the vacuum function, you will now be able to store this dip in your fridge for longer, without any discolouration or change to the consistency.
VEGAN CRACKERS – from the home of Gary Dowse, Plant-based (& Juice) Chef for Kuvings Australia
This is a really easy recipe to make to accompany your delicious Chilli Hummus Dip, or to have on hand as a very moreish snack!
- 3/4 cup stoneground whole wheat flour (or any flour)
- 2/3 cup almond meal*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon flaxseed meal*
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 3.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-5 tablespoons cold water
*If you happen to have a Kuvings Juicer, you can make home-made Almond Mylk using your juicer and, simply keep the ‘meal/pulp’ to use in these delicious crackers!
*Instead of grinding flaxseeds to make the meal, you can actually make flaxseed meal in your Kuvings Vacuum Blender, simply add 4 tablespoons to your blender and blend!
- Preheat over to 325 degrees F (165 C) and line a couple of trays with baking paper
- Add dry ingredients to a food processor and mix to combine
- Add oil and pulse until crumbly
- Add cold water (1 tbsp at a time) pulsing until it forms a semi-sticky dough that you can meld with your hands (not crumbly).
- Remove from food processor and form a loose ball with your hands. Transfer to a clean surface lined with baking paper. Lay another sheet on top and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a rectangle, the thickness the size of a cracker (about 4mm thick).
- Use a knife, pizza cutter or cookie cutter to cut the dough into squares.
- Transfer the dough sheet to the freezer and let stiffen for about 10 minutes.
- Once firm, use a spatula (or carefully peel using fingers) to carefully lift and separate the crackers and place them onto another prepared oven tray. Make sure they aren’t touching or too crowded so they cook evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, checking and adjusting time as necessary. You want them golden brown, not burnt.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Enjoy immediately with a delicious dip, or just snack on them – they are delicious, nutritious and full of healthy goodness!
Store any leftovers in a Kuvings Storage Container for about a week, or triple the recipe and freeze.
Want more healthy plant-based recipes?