Get ready to indulge in a creamy and flavourful bowl of Vegan Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Potatoes, Lemon, and Rosemary.
This recipe is an absolute treat for your taste buds, as it combines the nutty and slightly sweet flavour of roasted cauliflower with the buttery texture of potatoes.
The zesty lemon and aromatic rosemary elevate the soup to a whole new level of deliciousness, creating a heavenly blend of flavours that will leave you craving for more.
With its silky-smooth consistency and irresistible aroma, this soup is the perfect comfort food for any season. So go ahead, take a sip, and let the warmth and richness of this soup fill you up with pure satisfaction!
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 400g potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 medium yellow onions, papery skin removed
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5-6 cups vegetable stock
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Chop the cauliflower into rough florets, removing the core. Place the florets into a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- Dice the potatoes into pieces that are roughly half the size of the cauliflower florets and add them to the baking dish.
- Slice the onions into rough 1-2 inch pieces and toss them into the dish. Don’t worry if the onion layers stick to each other. Sprinkle the rosemary leaves over the vegetables in the dish.
- Season the vegetables generously with salt and pepper to your liking. Drizzle the oil over the vegetables and toss until they’re evenly coated with the oil, rosemary, and seasoning.
- Roast the vegetables for about an hour, flipping and tossing them occasionally with a spatula or spoon to ensure even browning.
- Once done, take the baking dish out of the oven and pour the lemon juice over the hot vegetables (you can also drop the lemon half into the warm pan to release some oil).
- Toss the vegetables with the lemon juice, using your spatula to scrape any browned bits off the bottom.
- Once the vegetables have cooled down, start blending them in batches with the vegetable stock.
- Purée each batch until it’s smooth, and then pour it into a large soup pot. Continue blending the vegetables in batches until you’ve used up everything.
- Heat the pot of puréed soup over medium heat until hot. Add more stock or water to thin the soup out to your desired consistency, and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve the soup hot with optional garnishes.
Note: This will store well for a week in the fridge or you can freeze it for use later.
Want more healthy plant-based recipes? Try these: