This is super YUM! It’s vegan, dairy-free Almond Mylk made in your Kuvings Vacuum Blender. You can also make this in your Kuvings Cold Press Juicer – click here for the recipe.
Almond’s are fantastic for your health. They are packed with magnesium and vitamin E and are very low in calories. However, it is unfortunate that many of the commercially-bought Almond Mylks don’t contain a high percentage of almonds – mostly around 2-3%. The rest is filled with…fillers, yep, not almonds, nor water, but fillers. So, when you understand how simple and easy it is to make them in your blender (or Kuvings Cold Press Juicer), you will probably never buy it commercially again!
Ingredients (makes 1.5 litres)
- 1 cup raw almonds (soaked overnight or in boiling water for 2 hours)
- 4-5 cups filtered water (less or more based on how thick/thin you want it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 medjool date (pitted)
- pinch of salt
Note: After you have soaked your almonds, drain and rinse them under the tap (do not use the water they have been soaking in)
Blended with Kuvings SV500 Vacuum Blender
Step 1: Gather your ingredients and place them into the blender as follows:
- Put the almonds, vanilla, date, salt and water into your jug.
Step 2: Blend all together in your Kuvings Vacuum Blender
- Place the lid on the jug and the noise-reduction cover on
- Touch ‘power on’ button
- Choose ‘auto blend’ option and let the blender do its thing.
Step 3: Pour through your nut mylk bag into a glass jug/container
- Cover your glass jug/container with your nut mylk bag (or fine tea towel if you don’t have a bag)
- Pour your almond mylk into your container, passing it through the nut mylk bag
- Use your hands to squeeze the bag to get all of the mylk out
- Discard the pulp (or save it for baking).
There you have it, a quick and delicious almond mylk for you to make as you need. It will store for about 5-7 days in the fridge.
Want more healthy plant-based recipes?