Unlike animal milk, almond milk contains neither cholesterol nor lactose.
As it does not contain any animal products, it is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Almonds are rich in nutrients including fibre, vitamin E, magnesium and are high in protein.
Almond Milk Ingredients:
- 1 lb of Raw Almonds
- Alkaline Water
- Soak the almonds in water for at least 3 hours
- Using a large spoon or ladle, carefully measure out the mixture into the Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer, making sure to add equal parts almonds and water each time
- You can add a quarter of a pear if you would like the milk a little sweeter
- Use the pulp for sweets, cakes, cereal or enjoy a mixed nut energy bar.
Almond Milk Pulp Nut Energy Bar Recipe
This snack uses the pulp and fibres from the almond milk.
If you want to lose weight, gain muscle, increase energy levels or just generally look and feel healthier, try the mixed nut energy bar.
- In a frying pan, cook pulp over a low heat until dry
- In a saucepan boil 60g sugar with 20g of water, do not stir
- As soon as the sugar starts to melt, turn off the heat and mix with the pulp and dried fruits of your choice cranberries, raisins and blueberry
- Stir mixture frequently on low heat
- Spread onto a greased sheet baking tray, packing it firmly
- Let cool and cut into bars